It’s officially Summer and that means Sun holidays! we have put together a few beauty hacks to keep you looking your best all summer long!
- Invest in a multi-vitamin and mineral which is high in anti-oxidants and Vitamin C to boost collagen production and improves your skin’s elasticity and a high-strength Omega 3 fish oil to keep your skin hydrated and prevent wrinkles (eg) Morepa® which is the highest strength omega 3 on the market
- Use coconut oil as a leave in conditioner at the beach or as a treatment. It has a natural SPF which protects your hair from the sun and is an amazing conditioning treatment.
- Use a gradual build up tan prior to your holiday for a natural glow, but if you still find a few streaks, massage some olive oil into the skin followed by some sea salt to scuff away the marks.
- Before you tan your face, put a damp face cloth into the freezer for 10 minutes and place it across your skin to close up your pores and prevent breakouts.
- Bring the baby powder! Not only is it great for chafing, it’s a whiz at removing sand but also if you use a bronzer brush and buff some into your skin, it helps make your tan last ages longer!
- Aloe Vera gel is a sunburn victim’s best friend, especially if frozen into ice cube trays for emergencies!
- Lemon juice spritzed into your hair, will give your hair a fabulous sun kissed look without the harsh chemicals.
- A good quality SPF. I strongly advise to opt for factor 50 on the face and a minimum of factor 30 on the body! No tan is worth days of agonising sunburn and long term skin damage!
Products mentioned in this article is available in Whelehans Pharmacy
Tamara and Lorraine, Beauty Consultants at Whelehans Pharmacy, Pearse St, Mullingar. For skincare and makeup tips and advice including free consultations, drop in to Whelehans - call us at 04493 34591 - email email@example.com or check www.whelehans.ie