1st Contact Physio - Treatments available and common questions
We are able to provide urgent treatment.
Appointments are available within 24 hours
We can help you with all of the following:-
- Postural Problems
- Workplace Injury
- Sports Injuries and Sports Massage
- Back and neck Pain
- Joint Pain
- Repetitive Strain Injury
- Paediatric physiotherapy
- Strength and conditioning
- Personal injuries assessment
- Foot and orthotics
- Between 30 and 45 minutes.
What will happen when I arrive?
You will complete a registration and consent form, then we will gather all relevant medical history, and information about your current injury.
What should I wear?
If you have a leg injury then shorts would be preferable. Otherwise just wear your normal clothes, and expect to expose the area requiring treatment. i.e. back
What happens during the session?
A thorough examination is carried out. Aims and objectives are discussed and a treatment plan is then mutually agreed.
Will I receive treatment on my first visit?
Treatment may sometimes be carried out on the first session, but not always, it depends on the analysis and complexity of the problem.
What kind of treatment is available?
- Soft tissue massage/manipulation
- Spinal or joint mobilisation
- Electrotherapy i.e ultrasound and Laser
- Biomechanical assessment and Orthotics
- Exercise therapy
- Postural awareness
- Lifestyle advice
- Medical acupuncture
- Relevant home exercise will be given at the initial assessment
- Shoulder / Arm pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Joint pain
- Pre / Post Surgical assessment & treatment
- Muscle Tears / Strains / Sprains
- Lower Back pain
- General wear and tear
- Hip / Knee / Ankle injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Improved Sports performance
- Soft Tissue Release
- Orthotic Consultation & Prescription
- Medical Acupuncture
- Adjustments & Mobilisations
- Dry Needling
- Neuromuscular Therapy
Is treatment painful?
- Clients can sometimes expect some post treatment soreness for the following 24 hours, depending on treatment given.
How much does a session cost, and what forms of payment are acceptable?
- Physiotherapy €60 for initial session and €50 for follow up sessions. We accept cash, cards and medical insurance. Discounts are available to Medical card holders, children and sports clubs.
Will I need more treatment?
If required, further appointments will be discussed or booked at the end of your session.