STAY at HOME – SAVE LIVES
How you can help us continue to help you stay safe ---- stay home ---- and save lives
Whilst it’s too early to say with any certainty when we will see an end to the Coronavirus pandemic, government evidence produced earlier this week indicates that Social Distancing restrictions imposed in March are having an positive impact. There has been initial success in “flattening the curve” with the infection rate dropping from 33% to 15%.
This is hugely encouraging and shows what can be achieved when we all pull together and do the right things in our fight against this invisible enemy.
As you will have seen, those throughout our health service: doctors, nurses, pharmacists, ancillaries, in fact all those at the frontline - all advocate that the best way to help them is to stay at home – it’s the single biggest thing you can do save lives.
At Whelehans, we have introduced a number of “stay at home” measures to help us help you with continued supply of your medication, whilst at the same time, minimising the need for you to leave the house or to physically enter the pharmacy.
- At Clonmore, we have a sanitised counter at the door, along with an external handwashing station. Everything you need can be managed from the door, so you don’t need to enter the pharmacy.
- At Pearse St, we have set a system to ensure Social Distancing is maintained should you need to come into the pharmacy. We also have put a limit on the number in the pharmacy at any one time to further assist with this
We have a number of options you can use to get your prescription to us- from home or your car – have it filled – and then either collected or delivered (free of charge)
- Phone – you can phone in your new prescription details or request a repeat prescription by simply giving us a call – we’ll ring or text you when it’s ready – you can collect or we can arrange free of charge delivery
- Clonmore 044 93 10266
- Pearse St 044 93 34591
- Drop, Collect and Go – at Clonmore, with it’s ample free parking, you can drop your prescription at the door counter or our “drop box” and wait for a few minutes in your car for your prescription to be filled. Once done, we’ll drop it out to you.
- Online – you can send your prescription or request a repeat prescription via our online prescription order form at www.whelehans.net You can select either collection or delivery. We’ll call or text you once your meds are ready.
- WhatsApp Order - WhatsApp your prescription image or pharmacy order securely to Whelehans 085 7863713
- “Contactless payment” is our preferred method of payment – this minimises the risk of community transmission of the virus through handling money.
- Our delivery vans are available to deliver your prescription and anything else you need, OTC items, consumable etc to your door – free of charge. Our drivers have been trained in the various Social Distancing protocols for home deliveries and maintaining strict hygiene in the vehicle.
All our staff at Whlehans really appreciate the steps everyone has taken to pull together and help each other in beating this virus – and by using any of the steps we’ve implemented – continue to help us to help you to help everyone.
Keep up to date on Covid 19 updates at www.hse.ie
For comprehensive and free health advice and information call in to Whelehans Pharmacy’s, log on to www.whelehans.ie or dial 04493 34591 (Pearse St) or 04493 10266 (Clonmore).